Cleaning table linens can save you money Posted on November 16, 2022 under Blog, Cleaning Tips, Uncategorized. | no comments.
Cleaning table linens gives you a picture-perfect table setting and can save you money over replacing them. With the holidays here, it’s the time of year we bring out our best tablecloths, linen napkins, silver, and China. A beautifully set table with a pristine tablecloth can help set the holiday scene and elevate your dinner experience.
Crowded around your table, you may have family of all ages. Along with babies and young grandkids often come big messes and stains, but don’t stress; all is not lost.
We’ve put together some tips for cleaning table linens, so you can continue to have an amazing-looking table year after year.
The first thing to note is that it’s important to follow the instructions on your linens. Some may be dry clean only. If you aren’t sure how to properly clean your linens, you can always trust your local dry cleaner to do it right.
- The first thing you want to do is remove any loose food and debris.
- Pretreat the stains shortly before washing with something like Spray ‘n Wash or Shout. Remember to follow directions and do a test patch first.
- When cleaning table linens in the wash, use a cold delicate cycle.
- Line dry after removing from the wash. Do not put your linens in a dryer; This will likely cause them not only to shrink but also to set in any stains that are not fully removed.
- If the stains persist, you can repeat the process.
- If the stains still don’t come out, call us, and we can dry clean it using special enzymes that tackle almost any stain.
Check out our recent blog post on tips for cleaning cotton fabrics.
At Champion Cleaners, we know how important family time is during the holidays, and cleaning table linens is the last thing you want to worry about when you have a house full of guests. We offer free pickup and delivery too! Call us at 239.598.1555.